The Crested Butte Melting Pot Cookbook Cookoff Vendor Info
Join us the museum in collaboration with the Town of Crested Butte for preservation month for this exciting new event featuring YOU showing off your amazing chef skills. We invite you to be a collaborator in this event by choosing a recipe from The Crested Butte Melting Pot Cookbook and putting your own creative spin on the recipe. This book was written by Myrtle M. and Michele Veltri out of an interest in culinary diversity and celebrating the various cultures and ethnicities brought to Crested Butte. We introduce this community event to Crested Butte to honor the families that contributed to our town’s uniqueness and vibrancy, and to share your own piece of culinary history and creativity to bond our community through food. We will invite the public by selling tickets to this event to celebrate our culinary collective as a fundraiser for the Crested Butte Museum’s preservation efforts for the building and our collections.
- This event will be held on Tuesday, May 16th, from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Create your chosen recipe with creative modifications for up to 150 people, each serving should be a 3-5 bites or a 4-6oz portion.
- Choose to be reimbursed for up to $200 for the cost of your ingredients or donate this reimbursement cost back to the museum in exchange for a sponsorship in the mini recipe booklet that will be shared with all attendees. If you choose reimbursement, you MUST keep all recipes or invoices for ingredients used to submit to the museum.
- You will receive a complimentary copy of The Crested Butte Melting Pot cookbook to research and create your recipe. This will be yours to keep after the event.
- You can enter your recipe in the “sweet” or “savory” category for judging. You may choose to do both, however please note that we can only offer reimbursement of up to a maximum of $200.
- We will have prizes for First Place of each category from popular vote (sweet and savory categories)
- You will get a 6′ space to serve your creation and an area to setup a sign or logo promoting your business if you are associated with one.
- You will provide all bulk food storing and serving utensils/tools to dispense your food, the museum and town will provide some individual serving utensils, plates, bowls, and cups (read below for details)
- We are encouraging attendees to bring their own dinnerware (plate, bowl, spoon, fork, knife) to use at the event, or we will offer rentals if people don’t want to bring their own. Please keep this in mind that you’ll be serving on a person’s reusable plate.
- If you have any further questions about this event please feel free to reach out to Anna-Marie, events coordinator at 970-349-1880 or [email protected].
Please submit your vendor registration with your chosen recipe with basic modifications by May 1st