The Crested Butte Melting Pot Cookbook Cookoff Vendor Info
Join us the museum in collaboration with the Town of Crested Butte for preservation month for this exciting new event featuring YOU showing off your amazing chef skills. We invite you to be a collaborator in this event by choosing a recipe from The Crested Butte Melting Pot Cookbook and putting your own creative spin on the recipe. This book was written by Myrtle M. and Michele Veltri out of an interest in culinary diversity and celebrating the various cultures and ethnicities brought to Crested Butte. We introduce this community event to Crested Butte to honor the families that contributed to our town’s uniqueness and vibrancy, and to share your own piece of culinary history and creativity to bond our community through food. We will invite the public by selling tickets to this event to celebrate our culinary collective as a fundraiser for the Crested Butte Museum’s preservation efforts for the building and our collections.
- This event will be held on Wednesday, May 18th, from 5:00pm-7:30pm
- You will be expected to create your chosen recipe with your own creative modifications for 130 people, each serving should be a 3-5 bite serving or 4-6oz portion for each person.
- We are limiting registrants to 10 food vendors this year, plus alcohol.
- You may choose to be reimbursed for up to $125 for the cost of your ingredients, or you may choose to donate this reimbursement cost back to the museum in exchange for a sponsorship spot in the mini recipe booklet that will be created to hand out to all attendees. If you choose reimbursement, you MUST keep all recipes or invoices for ingredients used to submit to the museum.
- You will receive a complimentary copy of The Crested Butte Melting Pot cookbook to research and create your recipe. This will be yours to keep after the event.
- You can enter your recipe in the “sweet” or “savory” category for judging. You may choose to do both, however please note that we can only offer reimbursement of up to a maximum of $125.
- We will have prizes for First Place of each category from the panel of judges (sweet and savory categories), and also a People’s Choice award
- The deadline for registering to become a vendor is March 30th, the deadline for providing your chosen original recipe from the book and a general idea of planned modifications to the recipe will be due April 18th.
- As a part of your vendor spot at the museum, you will get a 6′ space to serve your creation and an area to setup a sign or logo promoting your business if you are associated with one. You can choose to create your own signage to showcase your edible creation, or the museum can create one for you.
- You will provide all bulk food storing and serving utensils/tools to dispense your food, the museum and town will provide some individual serving utensils, plates, bowls, and cups (read below for details)
- We are working with Sustainable CB to create a minimal waste impact event. When choosing and creating your recipe, please keep this in mind so that you can easily serve your food on a reusable plate without touching tongs, etc to the plate, or using a small piece or parchment paper, or scooping a soup dish into a reusable bowl without touching the bowl to prevent cross contamination.
- If you have any further questions about this event please feel free to reach out to Anna-Marie, events coordinator at 970-349-1880 or [email protected]