Virtual Series: The Thrilling History of The Gunnison Country by Duane Vandenbusche
December 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until December 20, 2022
Join Duane Vandenbusche for 8 episodes via Zoom on the thrilling history of Gunnison & Crested Butte. Topics include mining, narrow gauge railroads, water, ranching, colorful characters, skiing, and major events that made the Gunnison Country the place to be throughout the course of history – with photos. The episodes will cover the following subjects, in no particular order:
- Denver & Rio Grande & Denver South Park Pacific Railroads
- Gunnison – Ranching, Smelters, and Railroads
- Ranching in the Gunnison Country
- Crested Butte and Coal
- Skiing History in the Gunnison Country
- Gold and Silver Camps
- Utes, Spain, Fur Trade, Placer Miners, Great Surveys, Early Entrants
- Mountain Academia, Western State College, Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory
Zoom episodes begin on Tuesday, November 1st and will be every Tuesday evening from 7pm-7:50pm until December 20th. This is a free series, however we encourage making a donation in order to keep these programs accessible to everyone.
All episodes will be available online the week following the live webinar episode.