Historic Dinner at the Magic Meadows Yurt
January 31, 2023 @ 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us for an evening out at the Magic Meadows Yurt for a historic dinner catered by Crested Butte Personal Chefs. Ski or snowshoe out to the yurt, where you’ll be welcomed by a fire, food, a selection of tasty drinks, and historians. Enjoy a delicious meal with beer, wine, cocktails, or mocktails, learn about the history of Crested Butte and The Gunnison Valley (specific topic still to be determined), and ski or snowshoe back to the trailhead under the stars and the beautiful moonlit mountains surrounding our valley.
- 4:30pm: If you need rental equipment, meet at the Crested Butte Nordic Center to get fitted with nordic skis or snowshoes
- 5:00pm: Meet at the Crested Butte Nordic Center with your own gear or ready with rental gear to carpool to the Peanut Lake trailhead, unless you plan to meet us at the trailhead on your own
- 5:15pm: Ski out to the yurt with museum guides from the Peanut Lake Trailhead
- 6:00pm: The yurt opens for cocktails, mocktails, and appetizers
- 6:30pm: Dinner service begins. This family style meal includes a salad, a main dish, a local inspired side, and a dessert.
- 7:15pm: While you enjoy your dessert, our historians will take you on a journey back in time with stories of Crested Butte’s past, and share rarely seen photographs and artifacts from the museum’s collections
- 8:30pm: Begin to get your gear together to ski back to the trailhead under the night stars
- 9:15pm: Meet at the Peanut Lake Trailhead Carpool back to the Nordic Center
Tickets will be on sale soon – stay tuned!