All Inclusive Historic Ski to the Magic Meadows Yurt
February 9, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The museum is excited to collaborate with the Crested Butte Nordic Center to host a guided historic ski and snowshoe out to the magic meadows yurt! You’ll learn about the history of the area, including the The Big Mine, Peanut Lake Mine, Pittsburg, and Augusta Mines during the trip out to the yurt, and upon arriving will be treated to a light lunch and an alcoholic or non-alcoholic refreshment of your choice. A shuttle will be provided to transport you from the nordic center to the Peanut Lake Trailhead. You can alternatively choose to ski or transport yourself to the trailhead to meet at 11:15am to meet the group to ski to the yurt. This tour meets at the Crested Butte Nordic Center at 11am on February 9th and will last until 2pm.
This Tour Includes:
- Trail Pass for the Day
- History Guide for the Trek to the Yurt
- A light lunch at the yurt (soup, bread, cookie, and a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic))
- A history talk at the yurt while you enjoy your lunch, with an up-close view of rarely seen photographs and other artifacts
- Transport from the Nordic Center to the Peanut Lake Trailhead
- Optional for an extra fee: Nordic Ski or Snowshoe Rental
Cost is $55 for members of the museum and/or nordic center, $70 for non-members. Cost to rent skis or snowshoes for this event is $15 per rental.